- 6 Bone in beef short ribs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 stalk of celery (diced)
- 3 shallots (quartered)
- 1 carrot(diced)
- 250 ml Beef stock
- 473ml (1 can) Second Wedge Brewing Co.’s award winning Rain Maker Porter
- 3-4 Tbsp Hurt Berry Farms’ award winning Starless smoky mole inspired hot sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season all sides of the short ribs with salt & pepper. Heat a heavy oven safe pot over a medium high heat. Add the olive oil, sear all sides of the short ribs, & set aside.
- In the same heated pot, add the carrots, celery, shallots, garlic & stir for 3-6 minutes developing deep caramelization.
- Add Second Wedge Brewing Co.’s Rain Maker Porter and beef stock to the pot along with Hurt Berry Farm’s Starless smoky mole inspired hot sauce & bring to a simmer. Incorporate the resting short ribs, cover & place in preheated oven.
- Braise for 2.5 - 4 hours or until the short ribs are tender. Serve with mashed potatoes & seasonal vegetables from your local farmer's market.